Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Stryker Hip Implant Recall Lawyers in Sacramento
As part of our commitment to helping patients who have been injured by defective hip replacement products, we at Kershaw, Cook & Talley have compiled a list of questions that you can ask your doctor if you have a Stryker hip implant. Certain Stryker products have been recalled due to issues with metal particles being released into the surrounding tissue and the bloodstream, causing serious problems in patients and requiring revision surgery.
In handling cases of this kind, our attorneys have been astonished to find that some medical professionals are uninformed regarding the hazards of metal toxicity and their relation to hip implants. We have seen some doctors who aggressively recommend revision surgery and others who seem to want to avoid surgery at all costs. We recommend asking a number of questions before you make any decisions about revision surgery. This can help you understand whether a doctor is qualified to help and can also aid you in making the right choice about your hip implant.
In addition to reviewing the following questions, we welcome you to call a Sacramento Stryker lawsuit attorney at (916) 520-6639 for a free consultation.
If You Have a Stryker Hip Implant, Ask Your Doctor:
- What is your knowledge of the Stryker hip implant recalls?
- What are some side effects associated with the recalled Stryker hip implants?
- What types of tests should be performed to see if I have metal in my blood?
- What types of metal will you test for, and why?
- Is titanium harmful to my system if it is released into my body from my hip implant?
- What factors do you consider when recommending revision surgery?
- What are the benefits of waiting – why not perform revision surgery now?
- What risks are associated with revision surgery?
- Exactly what is involved with a hip replacement revision surgery?
- How many revision surgeries have you performed?
- Were there any complications in the revision surgeries you performed?
- What is recovery like after revision surgery?
- What type of implant would you use to replace my Stryker implant?
Call (916) 520-6639 today!
We are interested in hearing your story and seeing how we can help.