Environmental Injuries and Toxic Exposure
Sacramento Environmental Injuries and Toxic Exposure Attorneys
Environmental injuries and toxic exposure can exact a high toll in lives and property. Air, water or land pollution from toxic substances cause injuries, disability and/or death to individuals exposed to these toxins, and destroy families, neighborhoods, and communities. Exposure to toxic substances can happen over a prolonged period — a chemical leak seeps underground, contaminating the surrounding area and groundwater. Environmental injuries can also occur suddenly, such as when a truck carrying harmful chemicals crashes on a roadway or an accident happens at an industrial facility.
Types of environmental injuries we handle include:
- Chemical crashes and spills
- Hazardous waste crashes
- Industrial chemical accidents
- Illegal waste disposal
- Groundwater contamination
- Workplace accidents
The experienced attorneys at Kershaw, Cook & Talley have successfully handled cases for hundreds of victims who have been exposed to toxic substances and harmful chemicals. We represented victims in the following cases:
- Sacramento River Spill Cases I and II, Coordinated Proceeding Nos. 2617 and 2620 (mass tort – involving a toxic spill in the Sacramento River in Dunsmuir, California following derailment of a Southern Pacific Rail Car in the Sacramento River; class certified for settlement purposes). Mr. Kershaw served on the plaintiffs’ litigation committee; set up and administered a claims office in Dunsmuir, California; and was instrumental in negotiating a $15.5 million settlement, which was approved by the court and distributed to the class.
- In re GCC Richmond Works Cases, C.C.P. No. 2906, California Superior Court, County of Contra Costa (toxic spill at General Chemical plant in Richmond, California involving 65,000 class members). Mr. Kershaw served on the plaintiffs’ management committee on behalf of plaintiffs he participated in administration and distribution of a $180 million common fund settlement to class members; and was instrumental in establishing a claims center in Richmond, California.
Victims cannot foresee exposure to these potentially deadly substances and are unable to protect themselves from the detrimental effects. It may take several years before knowing if toxic exposure has caused injury. If you were exposed to a dangerous pollutant or toxic substance, even if you are not currently showing any symptoms or signs of injury, contact a complex litigation attorney at Kershaw, Cook & Talley for a full investigation of your potential claim.
You can contact our attorneys by calling us toll-free at (916) 520-6639 for a free and confidential case review, or fill out and submit the contact form on this page.