Stuart C. TalleyPartner
Over the past 22 years, Stuart C. Talley has built a name for himself as a talented and aggressive litigator. Primarily focusing his practice on mass torts, consumer class actions, and other complex litigation, Stuart has worked across the country in state and federal courts to protect his clients’ interests. He has gained national attention for his prosecutorial skills and the results he has been able to achieve against large corporations and their subsidiaries.
Stuart’s legal career has been focused largely on mass tort litigation for some time now, and this has enabled him to hone his skills in this specific arena. In private practice and acting as court-appointed counsel for high profile cases, he works tirelessly to see that justice is served. He has been particularly successful in cases involving dangerous pharmaceutical drugs, defective medical devices, and defective products.
Stuart has gained various accolades for his work through the years, such as inclusion in the Northern California Super Lawyers list for 2015. He was also named Top Lawyer by Sacramento Magazine that same year. As a partner at Kershaw, Cook & Talley, Stuart brings his extensive litigation experience and unwavering commitment to protecting the rights of the injured and wronged.
Notable Settlements & Verdicts
- $2.4 billion global settlement against DePuy for defective hip implants
- $240 million nationwide settlement for malfunctioning Guidant Cardiac Defibrillators
- $211 million class action against BMW of North America for vehicle defects
- $25 million class action against AOL for overbilling subscribers
- University of California Santa Barbara, B.A. (1992)
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D. Magna Cum Laude (1995)
Honors & Accolades
- Northern California Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine (2015)
- Top Lawyer, Sacramento Magazine (2015)
- 1st Place Award for Excellence in Writing, Beverly Hills Bar Association (1995)
Associations & Memberships
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Long Beach Inns of Court
- American Association for Justice
- Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association, Former Board Member
- State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys of America
- Federal Bar Association