Motorcycles and T-CLOCS
Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Accidents hurt- safety doesn’t. For many, every season is riding season. It is important to follow through with your scheduled bike maintenance to help ensure your ride is in good working order before hitting the road.
Before every ride, motorcyclists should perform a pre-ride inspection and safety check of their bike. An easy to remember checklist to use is T-CLOCS:
- Tires & Wheels
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) offers an exhaustive T-CLOCS Inspection Checklist you can download and print. Here is a MSF step-by-step video:
Rules of the Ride:
- Ride sober. In California, alcohol was involved in nearly 20 percent of all motorcycle fatalities.
- Stand out. Be noticeable to increase the chances that other motorists will see you.
- Gear up. Use full protective gear, including a helmet.
- Pay attention. It might be common sense but motorcycles colliding with fixed objects comprise 25% of motorcyclist deaths.
- Practice makes perfect. Motorcycle safety classes benefit riders of all skill levels.
- Slow down. There may be a need for speed but it’s not worth losing your life.
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in catastrophic injury or death. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, call our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys for a free case consultation at (916) 520-6639.